Pages

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Kerry Washington Graces ‘ELLE’s Fashion Magazine Cover

Kerry Washington Graces ‘ELLE’s Fashion Magazine Cover:
No longer Hollywood’s best kept secret, our superwoman Kerry Washington covers ELLE‘s June issue. This is Kerry’s first major fashion magazine cover, an accolade that’s well overdue and so well deserved. The Scandal dynamo looks fierce in a printed bodysuit and cropped jacket, and her signature pout is topped with a bright red shade. In the issue, Kerry talks about her recent massive success, and the journey that took her from the Bronx to the company of Hollywood’s elite.

On her massively successful year:
“I’m the luckiest broad in Hollywood now. To be the lead actor on Scandal and to be in the highest-earning Tarantino movie- I don’t get to ask for more.”

On being considered a model:
“I was not that girl.  I was a kooky theater kid, silly and goofy and academic.”


On getting ready for red carpet:
“I found out I enjoy the process. All these people show up at my house, they all have kits, someone has dresses. And it’s like, Let’s have fun. It’s not all about me. We’re able to create stories on the red carpet.”
On the career she would pursue if she wasn’t an actress:
“I imagined I’d be a clinical psychologist, with a focus on how performance shapes identity. I’d figure out ways to use role-playing in the healing of people.”
Keep making us proud, Kerry! Be sure to nab Kerry’s ELLE cover when it hits newsstands on May 21. Until then, check her out in the upcoming film Peeples, opening in theaters Friday! And of course, we’ll all be tuned into the final episodes of Scandal‘s (Fixer - for African viewers) thriller of a second season!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...