Pages

Thursday, May 2, 2013

Rochas Okorocha Gives Man That Bashed His Car N200,000

Rochas Okorocha Gives Man That Bashed His Car N200,000:

Imo State Governor Rochas Okorocha has announced a cash donation of N200, 000 to Osita Nnawihe, the victim who recently collided with him in an auto crash.

The governor announced the gesture yesterday in Owerri, the state capital. He said the money would aid Nnawihe to offset his hospital bills.

It will be recalled that the governor’s convoy was involved in head -on collision with Nnawuihe’s Mercedes Benz car on April 19 on Orlu Owerri Road.

The crash occurred when the governor was on his way to inspect a project in Imo West Senatorial District. Okorocha, who sustained minor injuries as a result of the auto crash, was later treated by his physician, Dr. Sylvester Igwe, before he was flown London for further medical treatment.

However, addressing journalists shortly on arrival from the foreign medical trip, Okorocha described the incident as unfortunate. He expressed gratitude to those who prayed for his quick recovery and advised motorists to always be careful while driving on the road.

Okorocha said: “When you drive, do not drink and when you drink, do not drive.”

Stressing that the incident thought him a lesson and also encouraged him for greater services to the people, the governor said: “I am back, hale and hearty. And let me reassure the good people of Imo State that there is nothing wrong with me because the doctor thoroughly examined me and said that I am now fit to work.”

Meanwhile, the victim, Nnawuihe, who was a former councillor in Oru East, asked Okorocha to forgive him, saying that he was unaware that the convoy was that of the governor.

Narrating the incident to journalists yesterday at the Government House in Owerri, Nnawuihe said: “When the accident happened, I fainted and was rushed to Federal Medical centre (FMC), Owerri, where I was admitted and treated before the police came for me.

“I was still not aware of what I have done until the police told me that I was involved in an accident with the governor and I shouted. I want the governor to forgive me.”

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...